Subotica International Children’s Theatre Festival is announcing an open call for participation in the competition programme of the 24th Festival edition, which is going to be held 24. – 30. September 2017.
All professional puppet and children’s theatres, as well as all those professional theatres which have performances for children in their repertoire,* are invited to send their applications to Festival Head Office address:
To Ms Olivera Mudrinic
Open University Subotica
Subotica International Children’s Theatre Festival
Trg cara Jovana Nenada 15
firstname.lastname@example.org, by 1. April 2017 at the latest. Applications received beyond the stated deadline will not be considered.
* All types of theatre for children are represented at the festival, with selection priority being given to puppet theatre expression.
How to apply:
All those applying for official selection are under obligation, besides sending the completed application form by regular mail or by e-mail
(the form is here available through the links at the bottom of this page), to send the following:
1. full length DVD (video recording of the whole performance);*
2. five horizontal photographs of the performance (13×18 cm, 300 dpi, quality 3/ i.e. about 1500 x 2100 pixels);
3. short summary of the performance in English (up to 900 characters);
4. cast and production team list (full names please);
5. short text about the theatre or a CV (up to 900 characters);
6. theatre logo.
* The video recording of the whole performance can be sent either by regular mail (as a DVD) to the Open University Subotica (i.e. Festival Head Office) address stated above or through the Internet (link to the video). The rest of the material can be sent via e-mail to: email@example.com.
Without the elements listed above the application will NOT be considered valid and complete. These elements are necessary for the selection (a recording – when it is not possible to see the live performance) and for creating the catalogue of the Festival. Submitted material will be kept in Festival archives and will not be returned.
The basic criteria for the selection of performances is their artistic quality. The quality of the performances applied for competition programme will be judged by selector of the Festival (Slobodan Markovic). Selection process shall be completed at least 60 days prior to the commencement of the Festival.
Selection results will be published on the Festival website by 1 June 2017 at the latest. Individual notifications will be sent only to those theatres / participants whose performance is chosen to be presented within competition programme.
The following awards are given to productions selected for the competition programme:
1. Grand Prix of the Festival for the Best Performance
2. Special Prize for the Original Expression and Fantasy (optional)
3. Best Direction
4. Best Stage Design
5. Best Original Music
6. Best Puppet Design
7. Acting Skills (5 equal prizes)
Awards are decided by five-member international jury chosen from among world-renowned theatre artists and theoreticians.
Conditions of participation:
Costs of travel to and from Subotica are the responsibility of the participants, whereas Festival organizer covers costs of local transport, provides accommodation (hotel, full board) and technical support.
* * *
Should you have any further inquiries, please contact Festival Head Office:
Ms Olivera Mudrinić, Executive Director of the Festival
phone: +381 24 554 655; +381 24 554 600